Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Our Great NZ

Hey bloggers!

This week is the start of the summer learning journey. The summer learnng journey is a programme that helps you to keep up your learning over the holdays. If you are interested about the summer learning journey and want to know more than please go to their website.

Each week we have a new subject that we have to do different activites about. Today the first activity was about "the legend of New Zealand" and then we had to write a blog post about our top three fun facts.

These were my top three fun facts:

1. it was the first major nation to allow woman to vote legally.

2. Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise because it is 496.3 kilometre from the international date line.

3.The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although Wellington is the capital.
(source for my information)




(source for photo)
Thanks for reading bloggers.
please leave feedback in the comments on what I should improve on.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Grace!

    My name is Mikey. I'm a part of the Summer Learning Journey team and I will be commenting on your activity posts this year. I'm excited to read your blog and learn a little bit about you and the wonderful world we live in :)

    Well done on researching your top three facts about New Zealand. My favourite one would have to be the fact about our country being the first to allow women to vote. That little piece of information makes me very proud to be a New Zealander. Gisborne being the first city to see the sunrise is pretty cool too. Have you been to Gisborne? I've only been once, but I'd love to go back and watch a sunrise there.

    Great work on including the source of your images too. It's super important that we let our readers know where the photos we use come from.

    You've made a fantastic start to your Summer Learning Journey blog posts, Grace. I can't wait to read more from you soon :)

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I forgot to say that I really like how you've introduced the Summer Learning Journey Programme to your fellow bloggers and told us what each activity is. It makes for very easy reading :)

    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.