Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Sailing

On Friday the 2 of november rimu class went sailing at lake rua.
We were all loading onto the bus at around about 9:15 in the morning. There was about 35 of us
because some of the class was away. In the bus there was still a lot of spare seats we got quite a
big bus. But I guess they got a big bus just incase the whole class was there.
When we got into the bus I looked at the seats and I thought wow they look scodey. I sat down near
the back of the bus with my bestest friend Ariana. “My bag” Ariana had forgot her bag of towels in the
classroom. She pushed down the aisle against everyone trying to get into the bus as she was trying
to get out. But eventually she got out of the bus and ran back to the classroom then back to the bus
with her bag of towels.

“Got everything now Ariana” I said “yep” she said back. “
“Ready to go now everyone” Mrs Taylor said “yesss” everyone sighed back.

In the stinking hot bus there were kids yelling, singing, talking, moaning (about how hot it was).
The bus trip was a short drive because it was only about ten minutes away. The lake is roughly in
between the airport and orana park if you know where those places are.

Once we got there we all piled outed of the bus looking around to see what the place was
like and where we were going to be going on boats. “What this is way smaller than what i
thought it was going to” “look at how tiny the boats are” I heard people complaining about.

Now you see I already knew what I was getting into because last year I did this with my class as
well. Me and my best friend (Ariana) stood there (to be honest a little disappointed I remembered it
differently) looking at the water. “This way guys lets go” I heard my teacher say.

“A dead fish” I heard one of the kids yell. There was a dead fish; lying on the ground eyes
looking up not floundering or moving about, it was definitely dead.

“Hey guys” one of the instructors said to the group. “Hiiiii” the group said in a sigh as if we all
didn’t want to be there or we were tired.

Next I sat down and the instructors introduced themselves. After we had done that one of the
instructors taught us how to rig a boat. To be honest I didn’t want to do this I just wanted the instructors
to do it for me. Me and my friend Ariana were the first ones done to rig our boats. Then we got
out boats all checked off and went to go sit back down with the group.

After we are done that instructors taught us how to sit on the boat and how to move from side to side.
Once we had done that we went to the other side of lake.

We then had one turn each but after that it was time to have morning tea so we walked back
to the other side of the lake and sat down on the tarpolines because the grass was a bit wet and had
morning tea and a drink of water. We had to remember to keep hydrated because we were doing so
many activities.

After we had eaten morning tea we went back to the other side of the lake. And for the rest
of the day we just had turns going on a lake and having fun.

I went on the first time I went on I was not very good but the second time I got better and I really
started to enjoy it. So because I was enjoying it so much I keep going on and having lots and lots
of  turns.

When the day was over we got changed into our clothes and we got into the bus to leave.But when
we got into the bus to leave they couldn't get the gate open they couldn't find the key to undo the
padlock so we had to wait on the bus for almost 20 minutes for someone to come and cut the padlock.
The owner ended up coming and cutting the padlock open with a grinder.

Then we went back to school and went home.

Bye bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.