Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

Athletic Zones

On Monday 12th of november the qualifying people for zones at yaldhurst went to compete with the rest of the selwyn district schools.

I was in for:
100m sprints
long jump
discuss

There were quite a lot of us from yaldhurst going to zones. Me and my friend Ariana were the only year 8's going to zones.

when the bus got to school we all hopped on and we were all really excited.
Me and Ariana were really nervous but also super excited.
when we got there we saw all of the other schools had found there spots and set up their shade sales and poles saying what the name is of their school.

My first event was at 11 but they were running really behind so by the time I actully did my race it was already at least 11:30 I came last in that race.
then once I had done that i had long jump at 12:30 but it was more like 1 and I jumped 3.43 which i am really proud of.
after that I almost missed my discuss but I didn't. for my discuss I ended up throwing 19.7m with a 1kg disc.
overall i was really proud of myself for how well i did.

I hope you guys enjoyed my blog thank you for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Grace,
    How are you ? My name is Bella and I am a year 6 student that goes to Papakura Central School. Well done at Athletics, you did so well ! Maybe next time you could describe about one event like High Jump and also add in some images. I really liked how you kept really positive about all the things even if you didn't place. Good job !
    Kind Regards,
    Bella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Bella,
      I'm good thanks. How are you? Thank you for commenting and giving me feedback on what I can improve on. I looked back and I probably could use more description it is just that we had a time limit to write it in and I didn't have much time left. I'm so sorry I couldn't add in any images it is just that no one took any photos of us because there was quite a few kids and only two teachers so they didn't get any photos of us at athletics, so sorry about that, next time i'll make sure they get photos.

      thanks again,
      Grace

      Delete
  2. I really like the way you used capitals and punctuation and you made so much paragraphs my most amount of paragraphs is 9 and great blog by the way

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.