Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Post Test For Writing


This week we had our post test for our narrative writing block. We had to do a post test because recently we have been learning how to write a good narrative. Before we even started learning about narratives we had to write do a pre test.

As we went through the process of learning how to write a good narrative we were reading this book called the Ice Palace by Robert Swindells. The reason we read this book is because Robert Swindells has used amazing language and we wanted to learn to use a bit more about emotive language and using more description. (I highly suggest this book).

This book had great language and really amazing description. I think that this book was a great example of how a narrative should be written and a great example for us as a class to reflect off of.

In this process we started out by having to fill in the blanks from a part of the story and having to make it our own. After that we had to start writing our own paragraphs and turn the story into our own after we had written our own paragraph we then at the end of the session compared it to Robert Swindells writing as a class.

As I went through this process I found that there were alot of things that I still had to learn about writing a narrative story.
So today I finished my narrative and published it is and I want to share it with you guys here it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.