Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

Collaborative painting Starry Night

Over the past 6 weeks the Year Sixes did a collaborative painting, ‘A starry night’ By Vincent van Gogh. I twirled the brush on the paper to make a cool swirling effect that looks like a star. I chose a medium size brush and yellow and red paint to make the size and color to create the stars in the night sky. We used SOLO to describe our learning and my thinking is Multistructural because I can describe several things about van Gogh’s painting skills. My next step is Relational so I can describe several things about van Gogh paintings and explain why I used this skill in this way. It was so fun and I really enjoyed it!


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace. I had the privilege of seeing the original in Paris. Or at least that is what I thought but I have just checked and the original is in New York. It turns out I saw a similar painting in Paris os now I am a little confused. You, however, are not confused as this is an excellent facsimile. Have you seen other van gogh paintings?

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.